Friday, November 14, 2008

Not Again!

I vaguely remember the day back in 1994, but I remember I was so excited. It was the day I was getting my braces off. I remember how slimy and smooth they felt, and I could eat anything I wanted without having food stuck all over. Well about 13 years have passed and my teeth have been fine. Until one day my permanent retainer popped off and I had to get it fixed. Well to say the least, and without going into detail, it was glued on wrong and caused major problems. So after seeing my dentist, a periodontist, and an orthodontist, they all came to a conclusion. BRACES!! (Are you kidding me.) As you can tell I wasn't very excited, but if it was going to fix me, then let's do it. So yes, I have braces again. But this time only on the bottom, so it's not that bad, I can kind of hide them with my lips. But those of you who have had braces know how sore you get when they're first put on. And how your cheeks get sores and cankers from rubbing on the metal. I feel like the biggest wuss. And I know Mike finds me really attractive when I talk, I haven't quite figured out how to move my lips around the braces. But I guess things could be worse, I could have no teeth!

6 comments:

HappyHodges said...

Oh dear Rachel, I'm so sorry! Thinking about teeth reminded me of the time we went to your moms office so she cold practice taking some sort of "dental" pictures of us on a new machine. Hang in there and dont forget to put some of that wax in your pocket when leaving the house, he he!

VTS said...

Hey Rach! I'm so sorry that you have to go through that again. That really is just not fair! But as least you still look smokin'! I couldn't even tell that you got them when I saw you on Wed.

See ya later.

Sara said...

You really hide them well - I didn't even notice on Sunday until Mike said something!! Time will go by quick - and you'll be back to perfecto teeth before you know it!

Jake and Rachelle said...

Oh, bummer! If it makes you feel any better Stephen just got them for the first time like a year ago. He's about 38!

Staci said...

Oh Rach, I bet you still look great. I am sure you will be glad you did it when you are done with them.

Tara said...

Dang it...how long do you have to have them on for?